This report provides an overarching view of the contribution of the book and academic journal publishing industry to the UK economy. It considers:
- the direct contribution of the industry in terms of various economic metrics such as gross value added, employment and productivity; and
- the indirect contribution of the industry through ties to adjacent sectors which rely on publishing, either upstream or downstream.
It has revealed:
- High turnover and value added, faster than average growth
- Significant employment, highly productive, high investment
- A world-leading and diverse export industry, strong academic prescence
- Significant links to adjacent sectors in the creative industries.
To read the full report click here
To read the press release click here
To download the pdf version of the infographic click here