Read our blueprint for UK publishing (download a PDF).
Our industry priorities and asks of Government
In order for us to maintain our world-leading publishing sector, we ask for the government’s support in maintaining the environment within which UK publishers can create, export and digitise their works. We set out our specific asks in respect of each of these three areas below.
Encourage the world’s best new creative, education and academic works
1. Maintain access to global talent and ideas
2. Support and improve our gold standard copyright framework
3. Commit to free speech and freedom to publish
4. Maintain a sustainable approach to open access policy for research
Support the global reach of UK publishing
5. Ensure quality control through national exhaustion for intellectual property
6. Maximise our ability to export to all markets
7. Lead the way on rights enforcement
Lead the world in the digital age
8. Enable cross-border data flows
9. Zero rate VAT on epublications
10. Ensure fair online markets