The Publishers Association has brought together publishers, individuals, authors and organisations to show you where to turn to easily improve the inclusivity of your company. This could be ensuring that your company is made up of a workforce representative of the UK demography, using books in schools to inspire young people that writing and story-telling is a career for them, finding the best authors and illustrators, finding and promoting a range of titles or supporting specialist publications.
We've collated a bank of resources below to help those in the publishing industry create, maintain and improve their inclusivity practices and help to make the UK publishing industry truly representative of its audience – that audience might be broader than you think…
Have a browse of the following, and let us know what we're missing!
- A guide to organisations working with publishers to level the playing field
- Pledges made at the LBF / PA Building Inclusivity in Publishing Conference and suggested actions from the conference
- Guidelines on internships and work experience
- Information about the Spare Room Project
- Introduction to the EQUIP charter for publishers
- A business case for the potential readers of diverse books