Are you enthusiastic about communications and marketing, and pursuing a career in this field? Would you relish the opportunity to become a key part of the communications team in an organisation dedicated to representing the interests of UK publishers? Apply now for this exciting entry-level opportunity to provide support across the full range of the Publishers Association's communications activities.
Please read the full job description before completing your application.
The Publishers Association represents the interests of UK publishers across consumer, education and academic publishing. Our members publish academic journals, textbooks for higher, secondary and primary education, fiction, non-fiction, children’s and learning resources. Our objective as an association is to provide our members with the influence, insight and services necessary to compete and prosper. For more information about us and the work that we do, investigate our website and read the 2016 annual report.
The role has responsibilities across design, publisher relations, data management and communications, including:
- Work closely with the Head of Communications to maintain our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn)
- Regularly liaise with the policy, communications and book fair teams, our members and external partners to collate and update content on our website, social media platforms and newsletters
- Maintain contact databases for newsletter subscribers, event attendees, PA Groups and Councils and key media contacts
- Maintain our internal communications calendar, key messaging documents, and shared drive for effective team collaboration and file organisation
- Provide administrative support to the diaries of the communications team
- Provide design and proofreading support on a range of collateral, including our website, policy briefings, yearbooks and reports, promotional material for events and member services, and PowerPoint presentations
- Provide secretariat support for member meetings, including taking minutes and collecting RSVPs, and assisting at our events, conferences and seminars
The successful candidate will have relevant skills and experience, including:
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Social media savvy with the ability to create engaging content in line with a strategy
- Strong IT skills, including some experience in content management systems and cloud-based file storage and a working knowledge of Office 365 software (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Some familiarity with office administrative tasks
- An understanding of the communications function of an organisation
- Ability to work effectively with external partners
Desirable experience includes:
- Working knowledge of Adobe CC software (Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro)
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we strive to be as inclusive as possible at every opportunity. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally, regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex and/or sexual orientation.
To apply, please complete our application form below. Your application should address why you want the job and how you meet the specifications included in the full job description.